Wednesday, April 21, 2010

C'est Vrai

I just stumbled upon an article I must have missed last week in FOOD DAY. I concur with the O. Stoller's JV Pinot is exceptional for the price, which is why I have several bottles sitting in my wine fridge. I'm suddenly thirsty....


WINE PICK

2007 Stoller JV Estate Dundee Hills Pinot Noir ($25): Doubters of the rainy 2007 Willamette Valley vintage will be surprised by the bright purity of fruit in this juicy, floral and flavorful pinot.

Raspberries, cherries, cranberries and red roses dominate the nose and palate; there's also a savory dried-mushroom element that makes this a worthy match for rich foods.

The endlessly spicy finish sizzles with cloves and white pepper. Named for the younger or "junior" vines on the Stoller estate, this is an affordable alternative to Stoller's higher-end pinot noir bottlings, which run from $40 to $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment