Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One's loss, Another's gain

What was supposed to be a birthday gift for my mom got lost in the shuffle of a weekend in Walla Walla (where I felt no need to bring wine), and her 60th bash last weekend where, among other things a 2003 magnum of Tour St. Michel Chateauneuf du Pape was consumed.



It wasn't until late yesterday afternoon that I realized my GC Commuter Cuvée 2008 Pinot Noir was right where I left it-in my "wine closet". I bought this wine for two reasons: 1. I have had Grochau Cellars wine before and liked it. 2. My mom is a big bike person and commutes quite often to work-the label screams her name.



This wine paired very nicely with our dinner of heirloom greens, sauteed pears & blue cheese and some beautiful roasted butternut squash. I love fall!

P.S. A portion of the proceeds from this wine go to the Brett Jarolimek Memorial Fund. Nice.

1 comment:

  1. It's never too late to bring wine to your mom!
    She's loving being sixty and commmuting.

    ReplyDelete